Make the most of your day at The Big Banana Fun Park and try your favourite activities as many times as you want with the Unlimited Pass for the day.
FANTASTIC ICE SKATING RINK!
Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned skater everyone enjoys a spin around our Ice Rink and it is the perfect place to “cool off” on those hot Summer days. Open daily plus Friday & Saturday nights! Check out our Session times below.
Suitable for children from 2 years old with the use of our strap on skates and ice chairs*
(*depending on the child – parents must decide if this attraction is suitable for their child)
Children under 5 must be accompanied by a “skating” adult(18+) on the ice at all times.
The Big Banana also hosts a Learn-to-Skate Program every Saturday morning. The program takes skaters through a series of test levels from beginner through to advanced and teaches skills that can be used for either general skating, figure skating, speed skating or ice hockey. This service is included free with the skate hire fee and runs during NSW school terms (not during NSW school holidays).
We are also hosts for an Ice Hockey league/ competition played on Thursday Nights. Speak to ticket office staff for enrollment details.
Individual Attraction Session Times are shown below. You can book your combo package here or via the ‘buy tickets’ button, otherwise you can book an individual attraction ticket at the ticket counter.
*Please note – individual tickets may be subject to a day pass during NSW school holidays
Adults: 14 yrs+ $18.50
Kids: 4-13 yrs $16.00
Family: (2A + 2C) $63.00
DO MORE AND SAVE!
Our “build your own” combo deals are only available at our main Ticket Office.
Individual tickets are available at each attraction or the main Ticket Office (next to our Gift Shop).
- Bring thick socks
- Skating frames are available for beginners
- Helmets are available to hire for free
- Beginner? Why not try our skate school sessions on Saturday mornings. It’s free with your entry fee (during school terms only)
- Gloves are recommended for children
- Our Ice Rink is wheelchair accessible.
PRIVATE HIRE ALSO AVAILABLE
CALL (02) 6652 4355
Spectators and supervising adults (not skating) free of charge
Entry to Ice Skating implies acceptance of our conditions of entry.
Children under 14 years are not permitted in this attraction without a supervising adult. We recommend children under 16 years of age be accompanied by an adult.
Children 0-5 years are to be within arms reach of supervising adult at all times. Children 6-10 years to be kept under continuous supervision.
Patrons with high blood pressure, heart, neck or back problems, recent surgery or other prevailing health issues are strongly recommended not to participate in this attraction.
Do not participate if you know or suspect you are pregnant.
Patrons demonstrating unsociable behaviour (including unsocial language), violence, theft, vandalism, queue line jumping or under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be refused entry or be asked to leave the area without refund.
Patrons must comply with all staff directions and park signage. The Big Banana Fun Park can refuse entry or ask patrons to leave without refund.
Appropriate ‘family friendly’ clothing must be worn at all times.
Certain rides or activities have age, height and weight restrictions. These restrictions are displayed at the relevant attractions.
Photographs and videos taken by you must be of your family or group and for your own personal use and enjoyment, not for commercial purpose. We may use any photographs or video that we take of you for our commercial purposes without payment to you.
Animals may not be brought onto the attractions premises, other than those for disability assistance.
Upon entering the park your image may be taken and recorded by surveillance equipment for monitoring and security purposes. All images and recordings are the sole property of The Big Banana Fun Park.
Alcohol, hot food, commercially prepared food or commercial quantities of food may not be brought into the park without express written approval by the park General Manager.
Drugs are prohibited.
No Smoking within this attraction.
The Big Banana Ice Rink activities such as Ice Skating, Ice Hockey & Broomball all involve an element of risk which cannot be prevented. By participating in any of these activities you accept this risk. All Ice Rink activities are self controlled and therefore The Big Banana cannot be held responsible for your actions.
Persons who do not obey Ice Rink signs and/or instructions from staff may cause injury to themselves or others. Ice Rink rules and guidelines are provided at this
point and at locations around the Ice Rink. If you are unsure of any of these rules, please ask a staff member for clarification prior to entering the ice.
• No skates to be worn on the stairs or the grandstand area.
• Directions of the Ice Rink Staff on duty must be obeyed at all times.
• Skaters may not enter the ice until the ice re-surfacer doors are closed.
• Skaters must leave the ice promptly at the end of a session before resurfacing begins.
• Skates must be worn to enter the ice surface.
• Announcements must be adhered to at all times by skaters.
• No racing or speed skating is allowed during public sessions.
• Skating across traffic or cutting in front of other skaters is prohibited.
• Jumps and spins will be confined to centre ice. Jumps are not permitted during busy public sessions.
• Socks are compulsory when using hired skates for health and hygiene.
• Making snowballs and throwing ice is strictly prohibited.
• Ice chairs are for children under 5 years of age only, with an adult pushing. Children on ice chairs MUST wear skates and a helmet.
• No more than two skaters may join hands while skating. Chain skating is not permitted.
• Beginner skaters should skate along the sideboards or with a skate frame.
• Skaters should avoid stopping on the ice next to sideboards as beginners need to use this area for support.
• Carrying small children or articles on the ice is not allowed.
• Do not sit on, lean over or leave articles on the sideboards.
• Lock all personal belongings in a locker provided in the rink area. The Ice Rink is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• We recommend the use of protective equipment. Protective equipment is available from skate hire and is free to use.
• Children under 2 years of age are not permitted on the ice.
• Children under 5 years of age must be accompanied by an adult on the ice and supervised at all times.
• Ice Hockey equipment (stick and puck) is prohibited on the ice during public sessions.
• Eating or drinking is not permitted on the ice surface.